About the Firm
Experienced Connecticut Lawyers Handle Family, Injury and Criminal Defense Cases
Firm has served clients in Fairfield County since 1961
Built on a legal legacy that dates back to 1961 and constantly changing to meet today’s challenges, MeehanLaw, LLC is committed to helping Connecticut clients meet their legal needs. With offices in Westport and near the Fairfield County Courthouse in Bridgeport, our experienced lawyers handle family law, personal injury and criminal defense matters for a diverse group of clients. We deliver knowledgeable advice and skillful advocacy to clients. Facing a legal challenge is a serious matter, and the attorney you retain makes a significant difference. Our attorneys have the training, experience and determination to achieve the result you seek.
Highly respected attorneys assist people in the Bridgeport and Westford areas
Founded by Richard T. Meehan, Sr., who became a highly respected attorney after serving as a Bridgeport police officer, our firm continues to provide trusted counsel to Connecticut residents who rely on our:
- Strong track record — Firm attorneys Richard T. Meehan, Jr. and Michael Meehan have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
- Personalized counsel — Your case won’t be lost in the shuffle at our firm or dispatched to an inexperienced lawyer. We work personally with each client so we gain a genuine understanding of their situation and objectives.
- Dedication to addressing your family concerns — Our lawyers understand the impact that an unexpected injury, domestic crisis or criminal charge can have on you and your loved ones. Using what we’ve learned over decades of practice, we make a special effort to relieve the burden.
We are committed to making a positive difference for the people we represent and the community at large. To help clients gain an understanding of their legal options before determining how to proceed, we offer a free initial consultation.
Both Richard and Michael have been selected by Superlawyers based upon the Super Lawyers Selection Process
and is limited to less then 5% of the lawyers in the state of Connecticut.
Areas of Practice
Skilled advocates advise on legal matters that affect you and your family
From our firm’s Bridgeport
office, we take on legal matters pertaining to:
- Family law — For all types of family law concerns, including marital dissolution, child support, child custody and adoption cases, we use our knowledge and experience to find long-term solutions that are in the best interests of you and your children.
- Divorce — If you are going through a divorce, our lawyers will tailor our representation to your needs while dealing with alimony, property division, and custody and support issues.
- Personal injury — In personal injury litigation arising from slip and fall incidents, dog bites, medical malpractice and other types of negligent harm, our firm prepares thorough arguments so that clients can collect maximum compensation in verdicts and settlements.
- Auto accidents — After an auto accident, we initiate personal injury and wrongful death actions to provide legal relief to victims and hold careless motorists accountable. Our firm also handles litigation stemming from accidents involving motorcycles and pedestrians.
- Criminal defense — We safeguard the fundamental rights of Connecticut residents in criminal defense matters and work to develop strategies that result in dismissals, acquittals and favorable plea agreements.
- OUI defense — Given the state’s tough laws, effective defense against a drunk driving charge can mean the difference between a fair outcome and an unwarranted sentence.
With numerous reported cases before the Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts, we can identify strategies and solutions that other lawyers miss.
Schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable Connecticut lawyer
MeehanLaw, LLC represents Connecticut residents in family law, personal injury and criminal defense matters. Please call 203-916-1743 or contact us online
to schedule a free consultation. Our offices are located in Bridgeport and Westport.